London Fashion Week - Day 1

London Fashion Week was last week (which is now last month..) and I didn't have time to look at all the shows. So today I've been looking at them all and there is so much I wanted to talk about I thought I'd do a few posts on it. Starting with the first day.



Roksanda - Blouses and culottes, airy over-jackets and jumpsuits created a soft and light ensemble of silks and sheer material which made a change to Roksanda's last collection;bold and vibrant. The blossom tones mixed with black gave a beautiful collection which I'm yet to fault.



Peter Pilotto - A designer which I wasn't very familiar with, but caught my eye on the London Fashion Week site, I love the amount of skill and technique that has gone into each piece. Embroidery met hints of the '70's with large collars and lots of pencil silhouettes.



Simone Rocha - I hope at 7 months pregnant I can manage opening a store and design a stunning Spring/Summer collection, because that's what Rocha is doing. From the silicone mesh plastic bodices to the pale princess dresses, Rocha brought a cloud like silhouette and an array of prints to her runway. 



Issa - The first word that came to mind at this collection was classy, Issa's collections featuring rich blue's, black's and whites was both elegant and sophisticated. Teamed with the coloured heels the whole collection was a favourite of mine and I could see myself in some of the tailored pieces which walked the catwalk.



Ashish - Ashish's collections represent a different side of fashion, and it's no wonder he won the new generation award three times, firstly I'll talk about the clothes- sequins, as expected, teamed with sheer materials, denim and stars, He adds his touch to the collection like he does every show. Ashish as a designer; as I said earlier, is something different in the fashion world, he's filled a whole in the industry which promotes choice. Something that I'd love to see so much more. 

So here are just some of the collections which were shown on the first day, it started as it meant to go on -strong and as usual impressive. Which were your favourite collections?
For more coverage on London Fashion week go here.

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment